Back to games | Contents
Just type these in anytime while you are not in map mode. You don't have to press enter after the end of them. A ¹ means the code is only for Doom I and a ² means the code is only for Doom II.
- IDDQD = God mode
- IDKFA = All ammo, weapons, and keys
- IDFA = All ammo and weapons, no keys
- IDDT = Shows all of the map, type in again to show everything's location on map, type in again to shut off. You must be in map mode for this code to work. You can cheat with this code in Deathmatch or Nightmere games if you are running a version of Doom lower then 1.9. Just hold down the ALT key and type in the code four times
- IDBEHOLD = Powerup Menu, type the first letter of what you want from the menu to get it
- IDCLIP = No clipping (walk through anything)
- IDCHOPPERS = Gives you the chain saw
- IDSPISPOD¹ = Warp (followed by map episode & level, E#M1
- IDCLEV² = Warp (followed by 2-digit map number)
- IDMUS² = Change music to certain maps music (followed by 2-digit map number)
- IDMYPOS = Displays your bearing and coordinates in hex
You can get a complete guide to all the secrets in Doom I & II here.
You can upgrade Doom I to Ultimate Doom by going to ID Software's web site. I would patch your version of Doom I/II to version 1.9. You can also get code that will allow you to run doom on Linux machines and other platforms.
I recommend the following utilities for Doom I/II:
- Dehacked -- Allows you to hack the Doom execution file so you can change around how monsters behave, mess around with the cheat codes, or make cool stuff like super weapons
- Doom CAD -- Allows you to make your own Doom levels
- Doom 95 -- A Win95/98 native version of Doom, makes multiplayer gaming easier, does any version of Doom I or II
- FTP.CDROM.COM -- This site has a lot more cool Doom utilities that you can download
Setting up multiplayer games
I don't think anyone really plays Doom I or Doom II anymore, so I will not describe how to setup multiplayer games as it is pretty difficult anyway. Try reading the documents that come with the game or getting a front end like Doom 95. If you really must know how and need help then contact me.
Rodney Beede © 1999-2000 | Top