Back to games | Contents
Just type these in anytime while you are not in map mode.� You don't have to press enter after the end of them. �A � means the code is only for Doom I and a � means the code is only for Doom II.
- IDDQD = God mode
- IDKFA = All ammo, weapons, and keys
- IDFA = All ammo and weapons, no keys
- IDDT = Shows all of the map, type in again to show everything's location on map, type in again to shut off. �You must be in map mode for this code to work. �You can cheat with this code in Deathmatch or Nightmere games if you are running a version of Doom lower then 1.9. �Just hold down the ALT key and type in the code four times
- IDBEHOLD = Powerup Menu, type the first letter of what you want from the menu to get it
- IDCLIP = No clipping (walk through anything)
- IDCHOPPERS = Gives you the chain saw
- IDSPISPOD� = Warp (followed by map episode & level, E#M1
- IDCLEV� = Warp (followed by 2-digit map number)
- IDMUS� = Change music to certain maps music (followed by 2-digit map number)
- IDMYPOS = Displays your bearing and coordinates in hex
You can get a complete guide to all the secrets in Doom I & II here.
You can upgrade Doom I to Ultimate Doom by going to ID Software's web site. �I would patch your version of Doom I/II to version 1.9. �You can also get code that will allow you to run doom on Linux machines and other platforms.
I recommend the following utilities for Doom I/II:
- Dehacked -- Allows you to hack the Doom execution file so you can change around how monsters behave, mess around with the cheat codes, or make cool stuff like super weapons
- Doom CAD -- Allows you to make your own Doom levels
- Doom 95 -- A Win95/98 native version of Doom, makes multiplayer gaming easier, does any version of Doom I or II
- FTP.CDROM.COM -- This site has a lot more cool Doom utilities that you can download
Setting up multiplayer games
I don't think anyone really plays Doom I or Doom II anymore, so I will not describe how to setup multiplayer games as it is pretty difficult anyway. �Try reading the documents that come with the game or getting a front end like Doom 95. �If you really must know how and need help then contact me.
Rodney Beede � 1999-2000 | Top