Here is how to compile ipmitool for Windows. It requires a dependency on Cygwin, but you can copy the Cygwin DLLs and built binary into a separate directory for a standalone install on other systems.
I did the build on a Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition 32-bit with SP2 system. This creates a 32-bit version of the ipmitool.exe file which should work on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms.
- Cygwin packages
- gcc-core (inside Devel category)
- make (inside Devel category)
- A bunch more will get auto-required at the next prompt for "Resolving Dependencies"
- Download the source for ipmitool
- Extract the source tarball
- From your Cygwin Terminal go into the source directory
- ./configure --enable-intf-lanplus
- The real exe binary is found in ipmitool-x.y.zz/src/.libs/ipmitool.exe
- You also need the supporting DLL files
- The one in ipmitool-x.y.zz/src/ipmitool.exe is only a wrapper script
- For a standalone copy you can pass around to systems without Cygwin installed copy all of the following (version numbers in the name may vary):
- Test with ipmitool -I lanplus -H hostname -U username fru